Here is a quick overview of the time involved getting a paper copy of a book into a workable, decent PDF, using a DSLR camera.
- Making the pictures went super fast. In a mere 26 minutes I managed to snap 349 photos, or slightly less than 700 pages.
- It took me 10 minutes to transfer them to my computer.
- I then spent about 35 minutes rotating and cropping them.
- It then took Scan Tailor 2 hours and 10 minutes to process the photos.
- Lastly I had to stitch them together in Adobe, which costed me about 15 minutes.